If you’re not happy with the results, maybe you need to change the question.
One reason so many people lose weight — and then unhappily put it back on again — is because they ask of themselves the wrong question.
They ask themselves the wrong question, “How long will it take?”
Based on that question, they will seek out the answers that focus on speed and never learn how to maintain their weight since that wasn’t in the question.
If the question is “What do I need to do to lose weight and keep it off while staying healthy?”
Here are some powerful questions to ask yourself:
- What changes in behavior can I make to help me stay in control during this holiday season?
- Suppose I could do one thing differently this holiday season so I could feel proud of myself come January, what would it be?
- Who can help me stay on my path to health and happiness?
- If you were successful over the holidays and you didn’t have a scale to see how much you weighed, how would you know that you were successful?
- When I make a mistake, what’s one small thing I can do immediately to prevent it from becoming a larger mistake?
Leave a Reply