How long can you sustain a workout regime without the presence of motivation?
Motivation in any form can keep you energized and move your goals in the direction of weight loss. The key point here is to be really consistent in your work out regime. When we start going to the gym, we are usually very excited and motivated, but slowly the motivation part fades away and it becomes like a heavy routine task. We lose our energy, our stamina and start cheating on ourselves by not going to the gym or, going and not working out enough.
It is a challenge to keep yourself motivated and you should keep few key points in mind.
- Always keep the workout stuff like your bag, clothes, and shoes handy. They should always be packed and in front of you. This will eliminate the chances of preparation time which is a major factor behind people’s laziness.
- Motivation itself is not enough to sustain you through your plan. You need to comprehend it along with commitment. Where commitment and motivation join hands, it becomes a tough and super master plan.
- There can be challenges which pose as a hurdle in front of you. Let your commitment take the lead and overcome all the obstacles. By slightly altering your routines, you can adjust the work out regime in between.
- Along with the workouts keep a check on your intake also. Substitute high calorie foods with low calorie fibre rich food. When the body is stressed, you tend to gobble up anything. Keep proper control on your diet and de-stress and detoxify.
HOW TO KEEP YOURSELF MOTIVATED
- Make time for yourself: Keep some time aside for yourself in your busy routine. The brain and the body need some time for themselves in order to maintain a good balance and a great output.
- Count the calories: Whenever you follow a weight loss schedule always count the amount of calories or fat burned. This gives you a high and you are motivated to workout more.
- Variations: Don’t just follow the same exercise regime over a period of time. Keep on trying new things and mix and match exercises. Our bodies tend to develop a resistance against a certain type of regime and stops losing weight. Try gyming, pilates, aerobics, kickboxing etc.
- Blogs and Forums: Read about people who have successfully lost weight or have tried new methods of losing weight. A certain set of combinations may be more successful than the others. People on these types of forums share their experiences and share a common objective.
- Pay yourself: Give yourself a reward after losing every 2 kgs. This will keep you going and will remove the element of boredom in following the same diet or exercising routine.
- Exercise together: Get enrolled in a class or join the exercise regime with a family member or a friend. This really keeps you motivated as all the people in your group share the same goal and are working out together. This also satisfies your craving for being social.
- Hire a good trainer: A good personal trainer is one who can not only put an impact on your body, but your brains too. He is not only there to guide you but to boost you when you lose will or energy.
- Put notes and pictures: Put motivational quotes everywhere in the house. Stick pictures of slimmer you on the refrigerator or in your room. This will help in keeping you on the track to lose weight.
- Stress out: Exercising boost adrenaline which helps in relieving the stress and forgetting the worries. If you feel tired after coming from the office, hit a gym.
HOW TO PLAN A MOTIVATIONAL WORKOUT
To follow an exercise regime in an efficient and devoted manner, it is very important to keep realistic targets and keep a record of the exercises performed.
- CARDIO WORKOUT: Select a cardio workout plan for yourself and design it according to your needs. It gives a good metabolic rate and better blood circulation in the body. You can choose from a variety of cardiovascular workouts like running on a treadmill or briskly walking on a treadmill on plain or on an incline or doing sprints.
- STRENGTH TRAINING: Pay importance to the muscles you wish to target and design your plan accordingly. Choose between 2 to 3 different types of exercises for each muscle like abdominal crunches foe abs, leg squats for legs, biceps and triceps curls, bench presses and flies for chest and overhead dumbbells for shoulders. Try to train different muscles on different days. This gives a variation each day and prevents a person from losing motivation.
Try different types of diets like salt free diet or Atkins diet to fasten the weight loss process. Join a yoga class or a kickboxing session to bring excitement. Various types of dance classes also bring in a creative angle like salsa, hip-hop etc. One can also get the toning massages, sauna and spa to create a feel good factor and bring relaxation along with exercising.
About the author: The article is written by Jefferey Smith, he has a passion to keep his life fit and healthy, he has been doing various workouts which helps to improve body and mind, his exceptional knowledge makes him a keen writer, to know how to get ripped fast and to know about the writer himself visit Get This Ripped.