There but for the grace of God goes each of us.
I live in Northwest California. It’s a glorious place to live but it is located along one of the most active geologic fault zones in the world. It’s hard not to think about earthquakes here; I’ve been through several. Yet never have I had to experience the horror and carnage of what the people across the Pacific are experiencing. It has really affected me because it could so easily happen here. I collected a series of images from the web that all share my sentiment.[Galleries 3 not found]
These are not my images and I am sorry I cannot give credit to each as I don’t know from where they came, but I wanted to do something beyond donating money. Below are some places where you can donate. Following that is how to prepare for emergency.
A few Methods to Donate to Japan
- World Vision: http://www.worldvision.org/
- Mercy Corps Partnering with Peace Winds Japan:http://www.mercycorps.org/
- American Red Cross: http://www.redcross.org/
- International Medical Assistance Team: http://www.imateam.org
List gleaned from http://bit.ly/enBCJC
Cell Phone Donations
- To donate to American Red Cross Relief, text REDCROSS to 90999
- To donate to Convoy of Hope, a faith-based organization that does community outreach and disaster response, text TSUNAMI to 50555
- To donate to GlobalGiving, which focuses on “grassroots projects in the developing world,” text JAPAN to 5055
- To donate to The Salvation Army, text JAPAN or QUAKE to 80888
- To donate to World Relief Corp., the humanitarian arm of the National Association of Evangelicals, text WAVE to 50555
List gleaned from: http://bit.ly/foj6Hg