All of these are legitimate companies that didn’t spend quite enough time to consider how their online name might appear! These are not made up. Check them out yourself.
1. ‘Who Represents’ is where you can find the name of the agent that represents any celebrity. Their Web site is: www.whorepresents.com
2. ‘Experts Exchange’ is a knowledge base where programmers can exchange advice and views at: www.expertsexchange.com
3. Looking for a great pen? Look no further than ‘Pen Island’. It can be found at: www.penisland.net
4. Need a therapist? Try ‘Therapist Finder’ at: www.therapistfinder.com
5. Then there’s the ‘Italian Power Generator’ company. Check it out at: www.powergenitalia.com
6. ‘IP computer’ software, there’s always: www.ip_anywhere.com
7. And the designers at ‘Speed of Art’ await you at their wacky Web site: www.speedofart.com
Thanks to my friend Roy Block for sending it to me.
Terri Langhans says
Great point, Scott. I recommend to clients with normal urls that they still use initial caps when they print them. wwww.MaverickMarketing.com for instance. It just makes it easier for the reader, and clearer in the above examples. Not as much fun, but definitely clearer.