Special Labor Day Monday Motivational Memo
In addition to enjoying a day off (if you get one), on this Labor Day, recognize the folks who work to make our lives better.
Whether it’s the:
- Teacher who educates
- Clerk who works at the local store
- Officers who patrol the streets
- Accountant who handles our books
- Municipal or government employee who keeps us moving
- Letter carrier who delivers our mail
- Stylist who cuts our hair
- Call center employee who answers our questions
- Nurses who keep us well
- Repair folks who keep our buildings fine
- Public works employees who keep the roads open
- Wait person who takes our order
…or anyone else who earns an honest paycheck (or retired from a job that did); working for a living is honorable, and too often demeaned.
It is also noble to be a good leader of people.
So, hats off to any manager, executive director, administrator, or corporate executive who creates a successful enterprise while still remembering to care for his or her employees.
They too, deserve great credit.
Take an extra moment today to thank anyone you interact with who does his or her job well. Pass along a compliment.
(Of course, you can do the same thing tomorrow – even if it’s not Labor Day.)
Every Monday, a new motivational memo is posted by Scott “Q” Marcus, Motivational Weight Loss Speaker and Life Balance and Productivity Expert. Subscribers to 21DayHabitChange.com and Scott’s coaching service get this – and many more benefits – sent to them directly. If you’d like to know more, follow this link.
Leave a Reply