The healthiest people typically have three things in common: a devotion to fitness that anybody would envy, a knack for whipping up good-for-you & delicious foods, and looking fab in sustainable clothing that doesn’t smell like hemp. These gifts, hand-picked for the Macy’s Holiday Gift Guide, will help anyone live well, without that “what are you implying with this gift?” awkwardness. Shop away!
- Mat Carrier: Everything you need and nothing you don’t (however, the pockets even have pockets, so you’ll definitely be able to fit all the essentials!) It’s a great stocking stuffer for the fitness buff in your family!
- Soy-based, Essential Oil Candles: Soy candles burn cleaner without chemicals and create a bit of warmth for any room. You can even try making your own!
- Bike: Anytime you use a bike instead of a car, you’re saving the environment. But some bikes are “greener” than others. If the city-dweller you know has talked about how she’s determined to turn into a bike commuter, look for a light, but sturdy frame.
- Fitbit: It will count her steps, track calories, and decode her sleep. It might now walk the dog, but for a gal (or guy) who wants health to be their number-one priority, this activity device rules! Some people find that seeing their progress during their work out helps them to keep motivated. Fitbit is great for keeping track of a workout session and helps to motivate and monitor any changes. For those interested, there are sites similar to Mobile Mob that has everything for a health enthusiast’s Fitbit needs.
- Monogrammed yoga mat: For that yogi with the mostest, why not order a custom yoga mat? Monograms are embroidered, not printed, using rayon thread. The extra-thick mats are latex-free and free of heavy metals.
- Sony W Series Walkman, Meb Keflezighi: More than anyone else, a triathlete or marathon-winner-in-training needs workout headphones that don’t budge. Added bonus, these come pre-loaded with tips and techniques from Olympian Meb, himself!
- Gaiam videos: From the fitness newbie to the seasoned enthusiast, Gaiam yoga and Pilates DVDs are the best because they have a large variety of styles and instructors.
- Patterned Brita pitchers: Rehydrate in style! Featuring a bold geometric pattern in three color ways, you can give the gift of great-tasting, cleaner water, while simultaneously enhancing the decor.
- Xo(eco) by BlueAvocado Lunch Kit With Lunch Case: The unique XO(eco) lunch kit makes greening lunch a no brainer. Made from 50 percent post-consumer recycled bottle fabric, the girl looking for some pizzaz will be the envy of the lunch room.
- Key Ingredient Recipe Reader: Help that hard-core chef build a collection of her favorite recipes in one sleek, splash-proof device. It even converts measurements, suggests recipe substitutions and will help her time the next big dinner party perfectly.
- Sesame Oil or Coconut Oil: Although great for cooking, these also make a great gift for the body! Sesame oil has warming qualities and is great for dry, chapped skin. Coconut oil provides better relief for itchy, hot or rashy skin. You can find either at your local health food store.
- Homemade Organic Goodies: Just make your favorite treats, find a unique mason jar or glass to hold them in and, voila! Pinterest is always brimming with great ideas.
About the Author: Jonathan Needham is a fitness instructor and dedicated yogi from the Midwest.