Ralph Waldo Emerson said, “It is indeed a luxury to be understood.” It’s not as simple as standing in front of a group and talking. This supportive and lively session will help you develop confidence when speaking to others, learn how to use stories for more effective speaking, understand the structure of a good public presentation – and even learn how to layout the room for a better response.
It’s perfect for anyone who feels nervous standing (or sitting) in front of a group and having express his or her ideas. Delivered in a safe, playful, fun environment, it encourages individuals to break out of their fear and maybe even enjoy the attention of being in front of a group.
- Half Day Workshop (up to four hours)
- Full Day (six to eight hours)
- NOTE: If you’re looking for something that deals with communication on a more intimate level, you might be interested in “Talk to the Hand” or “Oops! I didn’t mean it come out that way.”
During this presentation (depending on length) participants will:
- Learn how to utilize stories and descriptive phrases to make their presentations more interesting
- See how to design more effective, interesting presentations to break through noise
- Learn how to handle disagreements in crowds
- Develop tools to handle the natural nervousness from speaking to crowds
- Realize the importance of good handouts and how to design them
- Know how to structure a good presentation to keep an audience’s attention and to get one’s point across
- See how they come across on video (if requested)
- Practice techniques to develop body language, choice of language, use of tone
- Learn how to use “Sculpting” (if requested) and other interactive techniques to further drive home one’s message and to keep the audience involved
Upon completion, participants will:
- Effectively communicate to groups ranging from two to 2,000 (or more)
- Feel more confident communicating with others
- Be less nervous when faced when an impromptu or pre-planned presentation
- In short, be a better speaker
- NOTE: Powerpoint and Keynote utilization can be included in this presentation in the long-form workshops
Who would benefit from this presentation:
- Businesses or individuals needing to communicate with audiences
- Public offficials who need to communicate with hostile or large groups
- Sales staff needing to pursuade others
- Anyone wanting to feel more comfortable in a group
Additional information about this presentation:
- To see a sample evaluation used for attendees in a pdf version, click here
- To download a handout card recapping the basic points, click here.
- To flip through a manual that is part of the presentation, see below.
- To view a video of a sculpted activity, check this out.
- To view how sculpting was presented to the National Speakers Association, view this video
- To understand a little more about sculpting, click here to see the page designed for a local chapter of the National Speakers Association