Areas Of Focus: Conflict Avoidance, Conflict Management Management, Handling Difficult People, Dealing With Tough Discussions
No matter how tactful or careful we are, sometimes things don’t come out the way we expect – and we find ourselves stuck in the dreaded land of “CONFLICT”. Your tour guide will give you insights into why this terrain is all too popular, help you understand its language, and provide you with a map (in case you don’t wish to return too quickly). This fun, interactive, travelogue is guaranteed to help you bring out the best in people – including yourself.
This series is designed for businesses and individuals who find that periodically, they are unable to accomplish as much as is needed because they get mired in conflict. Depending on the length and objective of the seminar, tools are provided to help handle conflict in the workplace, between organizations,or even improve their personal relationships.
- Breakout Session (two hours)
- Half Day Workshop (up to four hours)
- Full Day (six to eight hours – when combined with “Talk to the Hand”)
NOTE: If you’re looking for a keynote on this topic, check out “Striving for Imprefection”
If you’re looking for presentation skills and persuasive speaking, check out “TALK: The Four Steps to Improve Communication”
During this presentation (depending on length) participants will:
- Understand the “Five Stages of Conflict” and how to handle them
- Learn the “Six Non-Productive Conflict Styles” and why they are used
- Develop different methods of questioning in order to communicate better or to resolve problems
- Know the “Three Questions” to ask to avoid jumping into “The Drama Triangle” and exacerbating conflict
- Familiarize themselves with the difference between “supporting” and “saving” and how that can influence communication or cause conflict
- Master the “Rule of Five” and how its use will minimize arguments
- Be taught the “Most Powerful Word in the World” and why its called that
Upon completion, participants will:
- Develop tools to minimize or avoid misunderstanding
- Have skills allowing them to disarm frustrated co-workers and customers, improving personal and professional environments
- Possess improved communication techniques to enhance teamwork, professionalism, and productivity
- Experience less stress, lowering turnover and improving health
Who would benefit from this presentation:
- Working environments under a great deal of stress
- Managers spending too much time playing peacemaker or “babysitter” to employees
- Organizations wanting to reduce conflict and miscommunication
Additional information about this presentation
- To download an article in pdf format about how to use the “3 Rs” to deal with people who butt in, click here.
- To download an article in pdf format on the most powerful word in the world (designed for city clerks but valid for anyone), click here.
- To see a sample powerpoint presentation on this topic flip through the pages below.
- To download a sample of the handouts from a similar presentation in pdf format, click here.
No fee to travel to: Albuquerque, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Portland, Seattle, San Diego or San Francisco.