Marketing is not rocket science. It’s also not your fault that marketing is not your favorite thing.
That’s why there are loads of companies out there who can help you out, such as this marketing plan insurance company. After all, you probably didn’t go to school to study marketing, and you certainly don’t get up in the morning thinking, “Wow! How can I market today?”
The reality is that in today’s economy, with fewer and fewer available dollars, you do need to master it!
Since Scott has over 25 years in the media – as well as in advertising – it seemed foolish not to offer his expertise to others in that arena. Scott has conducted various versions of this seminar (in one manner or another) for businesses, non-profits, and asssociations since the 90s. To this day, when in his home town, he still conducts it monthly for the Small Business Devlopment Center of Northern California, as well as several times a year as part of his own Humboldt Marketing Seminar.
It is the perfect session to allow “non-marketing” people to undertand the basics of marekting so they will not be at the whim of others, and so that they can get their message out more effectively and with fewer costs – maximizing their dollars and increasing their bottom line.
- Half Day Workshop (up to four hours)
- Full Day (six to eight hours)
- NOTE: This session can require “pre-work” of the audience members, giving them the basics of a marketing plan even before the seminar begins!
During this presentation (depending on length) participants will:
- Learn the difference between “features” and “benefits” and how they are used in marketing and sales
- Understand the concept that “people don’t buy what they need, they buy what they want” and how to apply it to a marketing plan
- Develop two definitions of marketing
- Understand the difference between marketing and sales and how they fit together
- See that they don’t sell a product or service, they provide a vehicle to deliver benefits – and why that matters
- Understand how beliefs, perceptions, and feelings are the true drivers to marketing success
- Learn about target markets, unique selling points, and customer/prospect research
- Look at the different types of media (including social) and how they come together for a marketing plan
Upon completion, participants will:
- Be able to craft a quick “elevator speech” that allows them to express to potential customers why their product or service will be of value
- Identify their primary (and secondary) customers, what to say to them and how to gain a salesforce lead qualification
- Be able to craft the first stages of a marketing plan
- Know the four stages of purchasing and how to advance prospects through them
- Understand how to use the “Sales Circle” and appropriate questionning to better understand clients’ needs
Who would benefit from this presentation:
- Businesses and individuals of all size who want to learn the basics of marketing
- Marketing professionals looking for other viewpoints to enhance the skills or motivation
Additional information about this presentation:
- To download a marketing article on how to waste a lot of money setting up a marketing plan click here
- To see the powerpoint presentation delivered to a chamber of commerce, see below.