This page explains what will happen when you’re interviewed by Scott for “Getting Past What Holds You Back.”
First of all, remember the theme of these conversations is to help people who feel stuck develop tools and strategies to get “unstuck” and move forward.
Scott’s background includes being a talk show host for several years so he’s a very comfortable interviewer. There’s not need to feel nervous. Just relax and have a good time.
We realize that you’re not getting paid directly for your time so feel free to promote your website and any products you have. However, job number one is to make sure that any listeners get a great deal of valuable information. If they feel the interview is a “pitch fest,” they will not listen to it. Also, Scott would rather have an interview where he has to “reign you in” rather than “pull you out.” Try to avoid short answers. If Scott’s doing all the talking (as much as he likes to speak), then the interview is not about you anymore; it’s about him. Make it about you – and of course the listeners. Give a lot of information. (Of course, remember it is still a conversation, not a monologue.)
Always keep in mind:
- What do the listeners want to know?
- How can my information improve their lives?
- How can I provide simple, easy steps to help them?
- The average listener will be a middle aged woman with an interest in improving her life and her health
(If you do that, the interview will be great. Besides, the last part of the interview will consist of helping you publicize whatever you want.)
There will be a recording of the interview made available to you. You can do whatever you want with it. It’s yours. (We will have a copy too and we will probably provide it to our subscribers or maybe even put in on our store.)
Having said all that, here’s your checklist:
- Make sure you have filled out the pre-interview form which you can find here. (By the way, once done, it will bring you back to this page.)
- Scott uses StartMeeting.com as his service. It provides very clear and crisp sound and great recordings. In order to maximize that, it’s better for you to access the service through your computer rather than your phone. To do that, at about 15 minutes prior to your interview, go to http://www.startmeeting.com
- On that screen in the upper right, you will see a red button labeled “JOIN.” Click it. It will bring up a dialog box that says JOIN MEETING and asks for a meeting ID.
- Enter the code 470-125-749 into the box
- It might ask you to download an application. If so, please do so.
- After that happens (if it does), it will bring up a new dialog box asking you to put in your name and email address. Do so.
- Click JOIN.
- Once you do that, it will put a control panel in the upper left part of your screen. On it, you will see two icons; one of the icons is a headset. Click on the green icon to its right. You should hear a recording and music.
If all that fails, try again. If you still cannot do it, you can call in to 530.881.1212 and enter the code (but your sound will not be as good).
Promoting our conversation
Our system can handle up to 1,000 listeners. Each listener can also interact with you and me. Please promote that you’ll be on the show. Provide them with the date and time. Tell them to call in to 701.801.1220 (This is a new number as of 10/25/2015!) Then enter code 470-125-749 when prompted. They don’t need to talk, they can just listen but the show will be recorded so anything they say will be on the recording.
If they’d like to know more about the topic or find out about other guests, they can go to this page.
If you have questions, please get in touch. Again, thanks for being on the show. Let me know how I can repay the favor.