These are the details requested in order for Scott to waive his speaking fees and motivate and inspire the folks at your non-profit event.
Our number one objective is an agreement that is great for all.
To that end, these terms have been modified to fit the special needs of most non-profits. However, Scott only believes in win-win scenarios where all involved will benefit. To that end, if you have special needs or require modifications to what is below, we are always open to hearing alternative ideas.
- Cost of airfare – if required – will be paid to Scott upon booking of his ticket. Scott is aware of the limitation of today’s tight budgets and travels economy class and will try and book the lowest fare available. He will keep you “in the loop” during the process so there are no surprises. (Please note that the closer to the date, the higher the airfare usually is.)
- If Scott drives to your event, you will be responsible for the standard IRS reimbursement rate per mile or the cost of a rental car and gasoline, whichever is less.
- Should your event be part of a multi-leg trip, you will be responsible only for your portion of pro-rated expenses and NOT the entire cost.
- With the exception of airfare, all other costs can be paid upon his arrival at the event. However, a 3% cash-in-advance discount is possible in some cases.
- Cost of meals can be limited to a pre-agreed figure, or if you wish, a mutually agreed upon per-diem can be set. While on site, Scott prefers to dine with the other attendees and is glad to eat whatever is served. (Please note, because he’s always watching his weight, he doesn’t eat much anyway!)
- Regarding lodging, Scott prefers to stay at the same location as attendees but it is not required. However, depending on travel arrangements, he might require extra days which might or might not be included in the expenses. Internet access is required. In some cases, Scott is willing to stay at someone’s house but he must have a private space as he has to prepare and work. Internet access is also required.
Regarding Increasing Attendance and Providing a Great Conference
- The cost of all handouts will be pre-approved by you. They can be provided on line for download if the event is “green.” However, depending on the presentations you require, some handouts might be required to be printed.
- If logistics or privacy issues are a concern, email access to attendees can be sent out by your staff and a link to the videos would be provided by Scott and included in the emails. (Email contact is usually only necessary if you wish to pre-promote the event using videos or other tools.)
Regarding Products and Services Provided by Scott
- Scott needs access to the room where the table of his products will be located at least two hours in advance of his first presentation so he can set up the tables correctly. He will need to meet with the two to five volunteers no later than that time. (If possible, he would prefer the previous day for both, although that is not required.)
- Since a great many people will want to meet and talk with Scott after his presentations, and he wants to give them the time they rightly deserve, please do not schedule any major conflicting events during the 60 minutes following any major presentations of Scott’s. This prevents the audience from feeling “short-changed” and conflicted and provides better service for all.
- Sadly, when the room where the tables are located is closed, the tables must be secured to prevent theft.
- Since both Scott and you will both benefit from his products and services, order forms and sign up sheets will be provided to all attendees in each attendee’s materials or on their chairs prior to the event. Scott will be glad to help distribute them but will need access to volunteers if the event is larger than 99 people.
- The introduction and outro that will be read need to be practiced in advance. It is suggested the person who reads them is upbeat, playful, and comfortable on stage. They will refer to the fact that Scott is donating his time and is providing 10% back to the organization. They will also suggest that if attendees like Scott’s presentation — even if they don’t buy anything — to put $3 to $5 in the “potluck jackpot” (PLJP) at the table as a thank you for his presentation. Scott will donate 10% of the PLJP funds (as well as all sales) to the event AND 10% of the total PLJP will be a raffle prize to one lucky person. In addition, everyone who donates will get a free service or download.
Regarding Follow Up Details
- For references, Scott can provide text if requested. Reference can be emailed but letterhead is preferred. For the video reference, Scott will record you on an iPhone. He will prompt you and will do several takes if necessary. By providing a reference, you agree to let Scott post it on his site.
- Regarding referral attendees, please provide them prior to the end of the event. Please be prepared to contact them prior to Scott or his staff doing so.
We hope this makes sense and you recognize the positive intention to work with all parties for the greatest good. If you have concerns or questions, we gladly welcome your inquiries.
To return to the main non-profit page, follow this link.