We are not broken. We are not damaged. Most people are perfectly capable of accomplishing what they want to do, the reason they don’t can usually be found in five main reasons:
- They don’t believe they can do it.
- They don’t know where to start.
- They don’t feel supported.
- They have unrealistic expectations.
- They try to do it too quickly or to do too much at once.
What’s your reason?
To get started, you first must understand not one of these obstacles is a physical (or external) barrier. Each obstacle falls under the categories of beliefs, feelings, and thoughts. That’s not to say those are not real obstacles. Quite the contrary, they are more powerful than any barrier we can face. Our thoughts, feelings, and beliefs make up our perceptions of the world around us. We perceive the world to be a certain way. Therefore, to us, it is.
How do our perceptions affect us?
perceive; verb [trans.]
1. become aware or conscious of (something); come to realize or understand: his mouth fell open as he perceived the truth | he was quick to perceive that there was little future in such arguments.
2. interpret or look on (someone or something) in a particular way; regard as: if Guy does not perceive himself as disabled, nobody else should
Perceptions, since they are based on thoughts and feelings, are internal. Since they are internal, they are within our control. Since they are within our control, we can change them. If we change our perceptions, we will change what we do.
Number #1 Rule of Change: Perception is Reality.
“People only see what they are prepared to see.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
>>> There is a Formula for a Better Life. You can find it by following this link.