Is it time to say goodbye?
When it’s time to move on, from bad habits or painful relationships, these simple steps will make it easier:
- Accept the reality that what you had once is no longer working
- Get support
- Decide what you want to do that’s different
- Make a small step toward that new priority
- Praise yourself for changing
- Give thanks for what you had; it served you well for a long time. (If you’re saying farewell to a person, remember “compassion first” whenever thinking about them or bumping into them.)
Goodbyes are certainly not as fun as “hellos” but they are necessary.